home about contact

Thursday 29 September 2011

Bourjois, you are a treat ...

I'm not usually a fan of Bourjois mascaras, and I'll tell you why. Do you remember Bourjois Clubbing Mascara? Well, I thought that mascara made me look the bees knees...but it didn't when my eyelashes fell out. That stuff was lethal. I could never get it off unless I had soaked my eyelashes in lashings of very expensive eye make-up remover. It gave me conjunctivitis, not so pleasant, and my eye lashes had pretty much fallen out before hand. Thanks, Bourjous. Anyway, I was slightly petrified of using this mascara, but I've heard good things, so I took the plunge...

Bouurjois Volumizer mascara:


The mascara has two steps. Step one has a thin wand that basically separates the lashes.

Once applied, you then use step 2, which has a much thicker wand. Step 2 is basically the main body of the mascara you purchase...so I'm a little confused what happens when you run out of the step 1 mascara. I really dislike the smell of Bourjois mascaras. I think they smell cheap and like chemicals. I like the mascara wand of this mascara however, although they do appear to clog with wads of mascara, which is a little bit of a pain.
I thought the results were satisfying however. Not brilliant, but very nice.

It was difficult to apply to my bottom lashes, and they ended up getting a little clumpy, and leaving splodges underneath my eyes. I haven't attempted to take this off yet, but I will let you know....I don't want to be losing anymore eyelashes!
It retails at £7.99. I won't be purchasing again, but I'm not disappointed at all. I think it's a good low-end budget mascara!

Love, Sophie Olivia x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.