home about contact

Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas time, mistletoe and wiiiiine...

Yesterday I went to Manchester's Christmas Market. I was beyond excited. A few years ago I went to the Christmas markets in Cologne, Germany. I has such a lovely, festive time, so I was super excited to see what Manchester had to offer. They had German and French markets which was lovely, but I think the market is set to get even bigger in the next few weeks.

I was a little disappointed with the market for a number of reasons. Firstly, it was literally packed! At one time I spent around five minutes in one spot because I couldn't move. Not good. I guess that's to be expected though, so if you are going to go, don't expect a nice, Christmas stroll like I did! Also, the price was beyond expensive. I'm not sure whether there is some form of extra cost for shipping items, but there was a German market selling lovely sweets and cookies, but around the £15 price mark, which I thought was ridiculous!

There was a lovely open area where you could drink German beer, or have mulled wine and spiced hot chocolate, but it was so busy that you'd end up having your drink spilt on you. We did go on a Saturday as well, so I'm sure it's much quieter on a weekday.
I ended up heading to Primark after this, which was such a bad idea. I love Primark, and I never mind the crowds. I have no problem battling it out with someone to get the last top in my size, or people bashing into me, or even the long queues. Yesterday though....NO. I have never seen Primark so busy in my life. I actually didn't make it to the second floor which is just unheard of for me. I even had to find a chair because I most probably would have passed out.
Christmas time in Primark is horrendous. It's not your usual crowd, it's the "I'm on a mission" Christmas crowd. Somebody actually snatched a jumper out of my hands. So not on.
I did buy a few items though which I will post about in a few days!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

Love, Miss Sophie Olivia x x

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much! And lets go back to Cologne for the Christmas markets! love Thellers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thellers! This comment made me smile:) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This market was one of the best xmas market i've been too. I tried to look for it again a few weeks later but got lost and couldn't find my way around! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the German market in Birmingham over the weekend... Having never been to one before I too thought I would get a nice Christmas stroll. I hated not being able to move around and being rammed into by pushchairs. Ouch. Loved the glühwein and pretzels though. I didn't try any sweets sadly...they were £7.50 for 5 and £1.50 for one chocolate/sweet seemed a bit much! So many stalls to look at I think I need to go back during the week when it's quieter.

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you had the same problem as me, Laura! Those sweets are so expensive...what a shame! I think i'll be back on a weekday too:) x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.