home about contact

Friday 11 November 2011

ooo, shiny shiny...I got foils...

I was beyond excited to try Barry M foil effect nail polish in gold. Who wouldn't want super shiny nails, especially with the Christmas season approaching! Well, there were positives and negatives for this little beauty...
Barry M say :  It is applied like any other Nail Paint but with a luxurious foil finish previously only achieved from a salon manicure. It only requires one coat and is very quick drying.

Well, it did only take one coat which was really impressive, and it dried super quickly. I applied a couple of coats because I wanted it to be super shiny!
The polish is pretty much chip resistant too. After one week I had few chips which for a nail varnish at £2.99 is pretty amazing.
However, there is one BIG flaw to this nail varnish...
It doesn't have a foil effect!
Shiny? Yes. Foil? No.
Maybe you may disagree, but it felt like any normal, gold nail varnish and I was pretty disappointed. I actually love the colour, I love how long it lasts, but hugely disappointed that it really doesn't look like foil!

Do you agree?

Love, Sophie Olivia x x


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.