home about contact

Friday 17 February 2012

Oh, so scandalous!

Rimmel's new mascara VolumeFlash Scandal Eyes definitely has big results. With a massive wand, I was hoping that my lashes would be long and luscious...and I wasn't disappointed. Rimmel promise the mascara will mean that "No lash can escape! Scandalous volume, no clumps!". Well...
I have to be honest, and say that I really hate the packaging. Yes, it definitely caught my eye at the counter, but the colour is so bright. I think it looks quite unsightly, and I wouldn't really want to get it out in front of people. Maybe that's just me...
 I think the results are amazing though. They're thick, but not clumpy, and so long and separated. The brush however is quite hard to use, and I struggled to get to the more tinier lashes in the corner of my eyes, and also my bottom lashes. This was slightly annoying, as I ended up with lots of tiny, black dots and splodges under my eyes and my eyelid. Although the results are pretty good, it did take a long time to achieve, and is definitely something I wouldn't be able to use if I was in a rush.
RRP £6.99, however Boots are currently offering £2.00 off.

4 comments:

  1. great review, i totally agree with you with that product! However it does go gloopy rather quickly which is a huge fail for me!! :(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a massive fan of maybelline mascaras, i use lancome and they are so good!

    http://scarletredblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely lashes darling

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara but I might have to give this a try now! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.