home about contact

Sunday 25 March 2012

My 22nd...1940's style!

 On Friday, I celebrated my 22nd in style...1940's style! My lovely friend, Joanna made me this gorgeous cake, inspired by my afternoon tea theme.
 It was such a fantastic evening. We eat so much cake, drank so much tea and a little too much wine! All of my friends made such an amazing effort with the theme, and at times I thought I'd been transported back in time!
 
We played silly, children's games like Pin the tail on the donkey...I lost miserably (I never was good at the game!). 
 
I made these delicious cupcakes too! I love baking, and spent the whole afternoon preparing for the party, including lots of finger sandwiches! It really was the most fabulous evening!

Did you do anything nice this weekend? Hope you're enjoying the sunshine!

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETY! the party looks like a lot of fun! hope u had an amazing time! and I LOVE THE THEME!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday chicken, looks like you had the greatest time. You all look fab and the cakes... yummy yum xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your party looks like it was great fun! Happy birthday, love everyone's dresses in the pics! Also the cakes look scrummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday! that cake is soo adorable and I love all of your dresses! very pretty!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You look like you had fun! The cupcakes look so sweet, making me hungry haha;)

    sophsstyle.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you all look lovely and seems like you had fun! Would love to go to a party like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cake is amazing! love the theme as well, very original!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.