home about contact

Tuesday 1 May 2012

L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen ♥

I am really impressed with L'oreal's new range, the Lumi Magique collection. I've always been a fan of L'oreal, but this new range is just amazing. The quality of the make up definitely rivals high end make up ranges, and the highlighting pen may be just as good, if not better then YSL's touche eclat. The range is definitely affordable, with the highlighting pen retailing at £8.49.
The appearance of the product is definitely really similar to YSL's infamous touche eclat, with it's sleek, shiny look. It's not as heavy though, which makes the product feel inexpensive and not quite as special. The pen is really easy to use, and the concealer dispenses really well. I usually hate using concealer pens as no matter how little you turn, the product always seem to come whooshing out! This doesn't seem to be a problem Lumi Magique, and a little goes a long way. I am so impressed with the quality of the product; the consistency is is quite thick, and definitely hides any redness or imperfections without looking too cakey.
The concealer sits really well on my face, and I found applying the product with the pen first, and using my fingers to dab the product in worked really well. It also lasts all day, which I know a lot of products claim to do, but this really does. However, I do use a little powder on top of the product to make sure it lasts that bit longer. L'oreal says "L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer helps brighten the appearance of eyes. Helps cover any imperfections. Can be used to highlight cheekbones, brow bones and the cupid's bow". I completely agree with this, and I also find myself using the product on my brow bones...definitely a multi purpose product!
Under my eyes were so red/purple this morning that I was really thankful to have this product. A few light dabs, and the red appearance had disappeared and I instantly looked more awake. I couldn't rave about this product anymore...you definitely need to buy it if you are a lover of concealer.


6 comments:

  1. This looks great...I need something to make me look more awake!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good bargain for £8 then if it's really similar to the YSL one!! Good find :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying using this too, agree on the controlled dispension..hate it when products just ooze out no matter what you do!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review - I so need to buy this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very Similar to the YSL I will finally save some money. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.