home about contact

Wednesday 20 June 2012

June Glossybox 2012 ♥

Yesterday I received my monthly Glossybox, and again was really disappointed. I just don't feel I'm getting my £12 worth of products, and sometimes many of the products I really dislike. There wasn't anything that I wouldn't use in this months box, however it was quite unexciting, and I'm thinking about un-subscribing.
The products included a sample of Vichy Ultra-corrective Foundation Case Stick. I was actually quite excited to try a sample of this, as I know this product was designed to hide any severe skin flaws, such as blemishes, scars, burns and birth marks. I have a small scar and a very dark birth mark on my face which I manage to hide with a good concealer, but when my make up wears off it becomes visible again. I'd heard good things about this foundation so I was happy to try it. It worked really well at covering all my flaws including little blemishes and circles under my eyes. A 12g full size of the foundation stick is £19.00 which I think is quite pricey, although I definitely think it's worth it if you have any skin flaws that you'd really like to hide.
I also received a full size sample of MeMeMe Sensuous Nail gloss (12ml for £4.50) It's a nice, natural colour, but it doesn't excite me, and I don't think it's a colour or make that I would have purchased had it not have come in the box.
I also received another BM Beauty sample (I received another BM product in my last box). Although I like BM products, I thought the idea of Glossybox was to try new make up products and I'd already received an eye shadow from them in my last box. I received 1g of Summer Warmth Bronzer, which came in a really tiny pot, that unfortunately makes a real mess when you try to open it. The product is lovely however.
In the box was also a 10ml sample of Caudale Eaux Fraiches, which came in a pretty box and the sample size is very generous. It smells lovely- quite fresh with a hint of floral. I was actually really pleased with this product, and thought it was the perfect size to pop into my handbag.
Glossybox also popped in one of their very own goat hair blush brushes worth £15.00. I'm yet to try it, but it feels super soft so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I think the products I used to receive in Glossybox were really good, but I'm a little disappointed by them at the moment. None of the products seem very exciting, and I think it's a bit overpriced for the products I'm now receiving.

What did you think of Glossybox this month?

4 comments:

  1. I got this box and was also really disappointed. I don't think a glossybox branded brush should count as a product, it seems like a bit of a rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still so tempted to sign up to glossybox...I know I'm very late haha!
    Just to let you know I've tagged you with the Liebster blog award - see my post here for all the info! Can't wait to see your post!
    http://welcome-to-nicola-land.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html
    Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola! I'll get onto this asap! :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Oh no, such a shame!! I hope next month's is better for you, maybe it's time to look at the alternatives. :(

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.