home about contact

Saturday 7 July 2012

Marie Claire August 2012 ♥

I'm sure all of you are quite aware that the UK Marie Claire has a pretty amazing freebie this month- a choice of three, full size, Avon Mascaras. I was really impressed and obviously purchased the magazine asap! I chose Avon Super Extend Extreme Mascara, and I'm quite impressed.
 All three of the mascara wands looked amazing, but I picked this one as the wand reminded me of Max Factor False Lash Effect, which I love. It has a pretty similar effect, although I think the Max Factor mascara makes your lashes look fuller. The Avon mascara makes my lashes look super long and separated, but unfortunately I found it was really hard to make them look curved.
 I thought my lashes looked really pretty and natural though, so perfect for the daytime. I also used the mascara in the evening, and found it was easy to apply extra coatings to get a much fuller look. The only downside I've found to the mascara is that after a few hours wear, it seems to leave black splodges under my eyes. This has nothing to do with my foundation or concealer as I never have the same effect with a different mascara. This is the only problem really, and I guess it's quite a biggy....

Full blog review of the mascara coming soon...

Sorry I haven't blogged in a week...I've been training for my new job! Very exciting!
Have you bought Marie Claire this month?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've got a whole list of freebies for this month on my blog!!! I haven't got Marie Claire yet but it's a good freebie!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh like MaxFactor Falsh Lash Effect you say?! That's my favourite, I love the plastic brush, so let me know how you get on!

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your blog?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.

    Maybe you could space it out better?

    My site :: www.fooditud.com
    my web site: weight loss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.