home about contact

Monday 13 August 2012

The Vintage Shop and Car Boot finds ♥

I have been loving charity shop finds recently. Where I used to live whilst at university, they had an amazing Vintage shop where I used to find some real treasures. I've found 40's handbags, silk scarves, gloves dresses, and most recently the most beautiful, glass set. I imagine it was meant for dining, but I decided to use it for my dressing table to store all of my jewellery. 
 The best thing is it cost me £8.00! As soon as I saw it, I literally grabbed it and ran to the till! I just think it's a real beautiful, glamorous way to show off and store my favourite jewellery. I know some people don't enjoy rooting through charity shops and car boots, but when you do, you really can find some gems.
 When I went to the car boot with my friend Joanna last week, I also found this vintage camera for a £1! My dad's really into photography and was able to tell me a little more about it. Apparently it's a great camera brand and still in working order...the lens just needs a little clean. I'm going to get a film for it as soon as I can  and see if it takes some nice shots. I think it will always look beautiful on my dressing table or book case anyway.
These little plates were from a charity shop, 4 for 50p. They are perfect for displaying my earrings or rings, or even little tea lights. They're so pretty, and such a bargain! 

Do you like my charity shop/ car boot finds? How do you feel about charity shopping and car booting?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, some great bargains there! I love the glass jewellery tray. You may like my Vintage Finds posts on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These buys are fantastic :) I'm moving house soon so excited to pick up little bits and bobs like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you've got a pretty impressive collection of vintage finds - I love thrifting and digging up old treasures, I think you've inspired me to hit up a couple of vintage stores this weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glass set is gorgeous :) I want to find something similar to store my perfumes x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.