home about contact

Thursday 10 January 2013

Benefit Fast Train to Fabulous ♥

 I think there have been many blog reviews about the gift sets that Benefit did at Christmas, and I was definitely impressed. I managed to get myself the Benefit Fast Train to Fabulous set in the sale at Boots, reduced from £39.50 to £26.50...bargain!
The gift set includes a full size 22ml The Pore professional, a full size 12.5ml Bene tint, a half size 9ml They're Real mascara and a Benefit perfume sample. I've wanted to try the mascara and primer for ages, but I think £18.50 for a full size They're Real, and £23 for the Porefessional is a little steep in price!
I'm so happy I purchased this gift set- I understand the hype with the They're Real mascara. It separates your lashes, curls them and makes them look much fuller. Although it does all of this, I really do think I can achieve a similar look with drugstore mascaras including L'oreal Telescopic and L'oreal Million Lashes, which both retail around £9.99. I think if £18.50 sounds reasonable or you fancy a little treat, then this mascara really won't disappoint. The perfume sample was a lovely little extra too- perfect for the handbag.
I'm quite impressed with the Pore Fessional, especially as I suffer from large pores. My favourite primer is currently Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (£11.99). I haven't found another primer that does the job as well, so the Pore fessional did surprise me. It's quite watery in consistency, but makes my skin feel smooth and velvety. I don't think it minimises pores, but it definitely makes my skin look smoother. My make up also applies really well, however I have found that I've had a few break outs since using it. It doesn't really compare to the Revlon primer, and at £23, I feel it's quite overpriced for what it is. 

I've really enjoyed using the Bene tint, which can be applied to cheeks and lips. It looks beautiful applied to either, but I did find it was a little tricky to blend. It retails at £13.50 which although seems expensive for 12.5ml, a little drop of this product goes a long way.

Did you manage to get your hands on this gift set? Have you tried any of these products?

9 comments:

  1. omg what a bargain! I'm so jealous! also, I love benetint!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sets and this one has amazing products. I use Porefessional and Benetint almost everyday and I just bought a full size Lee Lee perfume:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaah, I think I missed out on this beauty! :( I love Benefit stuff but I agree they are a bit out of my price range!! :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set but I'd never have paid the RRP for it, it's quite pricey for a set with mini samples. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bargain! I love The Porefessional :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really good reduction. My own 'They're real' mascara is about to run out (sob sob). I got a mini porefessional tube when it first came out as I was thinking of buying it but it actually made my skin look WORSE!! So I quickly stopped using it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fab!!

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why have I still not tried they're real!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I MUST Have These :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.