home about contact

Thursday 17 January 2013

january glossybox review 2013 ♥

I always have a little rant about Glossybox and how disappointed I can be with their boxes. After last months impressive box, I decided to stick with Glossybox and hope that their next box would be just as good! I'm actually quite pleased with this months box. Although I was hoping for more make up (last months box had an amazing Sleek palette!), I was still really impressed with the products. 
 The box included an:
Elemis Fresh Skin Facial Exfoliator: I'm so happy with this product! I think Elemis is considered a blog/youtube sensation! I haven't tried Elemis but I've always been eager to. It smells lovely and fruity and left my skin feeling soft and refreshed. Elemis say this product is aimed to "nurture skin and help prevent premature ageing". I hope this is true!
Glossy box sample: 30ml
Jason Lips Bee Healthier: This was a full sized sample, and a nice, little product. The product is so soft and almost buttery, and my lips feels moisturised all day...perfect for all of this cold weather that we're getting lately! The product contains beeswax, vitamin E, green tea extract and aloe vera gel. All of these ingredients are key to having healthy and smooth skin, so I had high hopes for this product.
Glossy box sample: Full size 4.6g
Duck Island Limited Body Lotion: The shape of the product is what caught my eye first, and the large picture of a duck! I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I actually was apprehensive about putting it on my skin because the smell is so overpowering. I think it smells like bleach! The smell has been described by the company as "zesty", which is definitely one word for it. I couldn't buy this product no matter how good it was, as I feel like I smell like a toilet after using it!
Glossy box sample: 30ml
Monu Aromatic Mask: My favourite product of the whole box! Glossybox has been introducing Monu products into most of their boxes, and although this should annoy me (Glossybox aim to introduce you to new, luxury products in each box) it doesn't, because their products are that good. My skin has been so dry recently, and after cleansing I put this mask on for 15 minutes as required. My skin looked literally glowing...even my mum commented on how soft and dewy my skin looked. It also doesn't dry and flake off on your skin which is a bonus.
Glossy box sample: 30ml
Paul Mitchel Super Strong Daily Conditioner: I received a Paul Mitchel product in a November box which I really enjoyed, so was happy to see this product. I've only used the conditioner once since receiving the box but I really like it. The ends of my hair are a little dry at the moment, and this made them feel lovely and soft. My hair also looked a lot bouncier and thicker. 
Glossy box sample: 100ml
Bonus product:
A Glossy box eye mask! I haven't photographed this as I couldn't find it, due to using it last night. I thought this was a lovely, little bonus and actually was really helpful in helping me sleep last night!

Do you receive Glossybox? What did you think of the box this month?

6 comments:

  1. I really wish they had some kind of subscription service where I live! It sounds so fun getting a surprise in the mail every month! Great post!:)

    xx Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box looks great! The Elemis product is lovely I bet!
    hareem x

    http://iheartmexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good box :)
    I stopped mine a while ago, but am thinking of starting up again.
    Thanks for showing us :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try Paul Mitchell's products, they sound so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Elemis exfoliator looks promising! Glossybox seems to be so hit or miss, I just read another blogger's review but this one is much better. I wish I could justify the cost!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review! i really want to try more paul mitchell products

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // twitter // youtube

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.