home about contact

Friday 7 June 2013

What's In My Make Up Bag? ♥

 I love, love, looove this make up bag from Primark. It's actually meant to be a toiletries bag that you hang on the back of your door, but I thought it would be perfect as a make up bag. Only costing £4.00 from Primark and being an excellent Cath Kidston dupe, well, I had to have it! 
 All of these products are my must-go-to items in my make up bag at the moment. I'm loving Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, and it is so beautiful mixed with Mac Strobe Cream...perfect duo. I find that as my foundation is so long lasting, I'm not really having to use my L'oreal Studio Secrets Primer, but It's such a lovely product that I always pop it in my make up bag just in case. My favourite concealers are Benefit Erase Paste and Collection Long Lasting Concealer. I never used to be a big fan of the Erase Paste- I didn't feel it did anything for me...ah, so wrong I was! I suffer from terrible red/blueish bags under my eyes, and I find that this product really diminishes the blue and red tones. I then blob a little Collection Concealer on, and I look awake and bright eyed. My favourite highlighters are Estee Lauder Double Wear Highlighter, perfect for above the eyebrows, and Me Me Me highlighter, which looks a real treat on the cheek bones. I always finish the look with a touch of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as I have oily skin occasionally, and a little Rimmel Sun Shimmer in the Summer- it's also perfect for contouring as it has very little shimmer to it. 
On my eyes I am loving Estee Lauder Double Wear creamy eye shadow pots in Ivory Lace. It stays put all day, and has such a natural, beautiful shimmer. I also enjoy L'oreal Colour Appeal Star Secret Trio eyeshadows (what a mouthful!) when I fancy a smokey eye. Favourite mascaras are L'oreal Telescopic mascara for super curled and separated lashes, and L'oreal Double Extension Renewal Mascara for extra length. I also really love my H&M Light Brown Eyebrow Pencil....an absolute bargain, lovely colour and stays put all day. I always curl my lashes with Primark lash curlers...absolute bargain at £2.00. 
I am currently using Real Techniques brushes; the Buffing Brush and Contour Brush being my favourite. I recently bought some Italian Brushes from a Company called Kubo Beauty. They retail around the £13 mark, but I know are also available in TkMaxx at the moment for a little cheaper. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet- the concealer brush is lovely, but I find the powder brush is a little dry and irritates my skin at times...shame, because they look pretty impressive. 
I've also been trying Seventeen Shimmer Palettes which are new to the collection- I'm not really that impressed. It has little colour pay off and the pigmentation is really pants. I am however loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear blusher....it is such a gorgeous colour, but I think it was limited edition because I can't find it to be available anywhere!

What are your favourite things in your make up bag? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with nearly every one of your makeup bag picks! I swear my the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and EL double wear foundation. Great combo!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are obsessed with Rimmel Stay Matte and Benefit's Erase Paste!! Definitely going to have to try out some of those other products though. The Collection concealer seems awesome!! Nice post! xo

    www.the-lipglossary.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to know what you think and do my best to reply to all comments.